Get Your Free Credit Report from Experian With FreeCreditReport.com
Credit scores and credit reports have become an integrate part of our lives and financial health. There are a lot of services that allow to check credit reports online and FreeCreditReport.com is one of them.
FreeCreditReport.com is owned and operated by Experian, one of the three major credit bureaus in the U.S. The service provides access to an Experian credit report that is updated every 30 days at no cost. The company does not require a credit card to register, users get absolutely free Experian credit report.
How do you get a free credit report?
Getting access to your Experian credit report is easy with the FreeCreditReport.com. All you need is to create an account. To do that, you will need to provide some personal information, including your name, address, phone number, Social Security number, employment information, the reason you’re checking your credit and some other information. You won’t need a credit card to create an account.
Once the account is created and verified, you’ll get access to your Experian credit report.
What is included in your credit report?
Your Experian credit report includes information about your active and closed credit accounts, hard inquiries, negative information. Since mistakes are often found on credit reports and may even hurt your credit score, it is important to read your reports carefully. Here are the details you’ll see on your Experian report:
- Credit Accounts: this will include your payment history and status of all your credit accounts.
- Credit Inquiries: any credit check by a lender or employer or landlord is called a hard inquiry and will show up on your credit report.
- Potentially Negative Information: this includes any late payments, loan defaults, delinquencies, charge-offs, collections and even public records.
If you find a mistake or inaccurate information on your report, you can take steps to dispute it and have it fixed. You will be able to do it using your free FreeCreditReport.com account.
Why should you care about your credit?
Credit reports and credit scores play important role in our financial health. Basically, they are indicators of your financial health and whether or not you’ve achieved certain milestones in life. Your credit score determines your ability to buy a home or even to finance a car.
Landlords and employers may also run your credit in order to approve you for the rental or offer you a job. Poor credit can lead to denial.
Also, poor credit will guarantee you higher interest rates on everything from credit cards to auto insurance rates.
Why should you check your credit reports?
If you think your credit reports are not worth your attention, you are absolutely wrong. The reality is, there are certain benefits that come with getting a copy of your credit reports on a regular basis. Here are some of them:
- You can detect and fix mistakes faster. All reports contain mistakes and if you never dispute them, that may lead to low credit scores and even credit denial.
- You can detect fraudulent activity earlier. Fraudulent activity can severely damage your credit score. Reading your credit reports helps to check for any suspicious activity or accounts that may have been opened in your name by identity thieves.
- You can see where you could improve. All negative information is accurately recorded on your credit reports and such services as FreeCreditReport.com can flag it to attract your attention. This will help you to understand what you could do to boost your credit score.
Checking a credit report is obviously important and you can benefit from it a lot. And since FreeCreditReport.com offers it at no cost, why not checking your credit more often then you usually do. It won’t hurt your credit, quite the opposite, it will let you prevent some potential damage to your credit score and therefore your financial health.