Time to Earn Chase Q3 5% Cash Back Rewards
Starting July 1, holders of Chase Freedom® credit cards can earn 5% cash back for purchases in special Q3 2020 bonus categories. The new quarter favors eligible Chase customers with enhanced rewards on Whole Foods Market and Amazon.com purchases.
Chase states that all Whole Foods Market purchases made before October 1 will qualify for 5% cash back. The only exception is ordering groceries through third-party delivery services like Instacart or Shipt. As for Amazon.com purchases, they cover all online purchases, including Amazon Fresh orders, Amazon gift cards, and Prime membership cost.
Activation for the new categories already began on June 15, 2020 and will be available through September 15, 2020. After activation, the categories will bring 5% back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases. All purchases above this limit and outside the mentioned categories will earn 1%.
Chase Freedom Rewards Program’s Key Features
There are some important things you should know about the Chase cash back program to use it right and to the maximum. Here are the main rules:
- You must activate each 5% category. For this, enter a primary cardmember’s last name, last 4 digits on the card, and ZIP Code at the Chase website.
- 5% cash back is limited to $1,500 per quarter in combined purchases in the bonus category.
- All other purchases automatically earn 1% cash back. No activation is needed.
- Cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and active.
- There are no restrictions on how much you can redeem.
Chase Freedom 5% Cash Back Calendar 2020
Half of the year, as well as half of the bonus categories, is left behind by now. However, for your convenience, we have collected the full 2020 Chase 5% rewards categories calendar below:
- January 1 – March 31, 2020: Gas stations, select streaming services, phone, cable and internet services.
- April 1 – June 30, 2020: Grocery stores, select streaming services, gym memberships and fitness clubs.
- July 1 – September 30, 2020: Amazon and Whole Foods Market. Activate until September 14, 2020.
- October 1 – December 31, 2020: Will be announced later. Activate starting September 15, 2020.
Chase never announces its quarterly rewards categories all at once. So far, the fourth quarter categories have not been disclosed.
Latest Credit Card Rewards News
This week, BlockFi, a crypto lending company, announced the upcoming release of its rather unusual credit card – the Bitcoin Rewards Credit Card. The card will become the first-ever credit card with cryptocurrency rewards. Until now, credit cards’ rewards programs could offer cashback, points, or miles. But earning credit card rewards in the form of […]
2020 can be safely called the weirdest year of the last decade. The pandemic has affected every corner of the world. And we can only guess what surprises await us in the last month of the year. However, something still remains the same (or almost the same) – Black Friday. It is not hard to […]
This week marked the launch of another credit card. This time we are talking about the new cash back credit card from Venmo, a mobile payment service owned by PayPal. The card got a very simple name – Venmo Credit Card. The company announced its plans to roll out its first credit card a year […]
The coronavirus pandemic has affected everyone. Many people were to remain without earnings. To support people, many banks have developed relief programs and offer customers, for example, defer payments, temporarily reduce interest, increase credit limits, etc. American Express don’t stand aside either. But in addition to the Financial Hardship Program, the issuer also decided to […]
Capital One keeps adding new rewards redemption options to its travel credit cards. To be more precise, holders of Venture and Spark credit cards can now transfer accumulated miles to even more loyalty programs. Surprisingly, new transfer partners are not airlines, as it could be expected, but large hotel chains AccorHotels and Wyndham Hotels & […]