Time to Earn Chase Q3 5% Cash Back Rewards
Starting July 1, holders of Chase Freedom® credit cards can earn 5% cash back for purchases in special Q3 2020 bonus categories. The new quarter favors eligible Chase customers with enhanced rewards on Whole Foods Market and Amazon.com purchases.
Chase states that all Whole Foods Market purchases made before October 1 will qualify for 5% cash back. The only exception is ordering groceries through third-party delivery services like Instacart or Shipt. As for Amazon.com purchases, they cover all online purchases, including Amazon Fresh orders, Amazon gift cards, and Prime membership cost.
Activation for the new categories already began on June 15, 2020 and will be available through September 15, 2020. After activation, the categories will bring 5% back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases. All purchases above this limit and outside the mentioned categories will earn 1%.
Chase Freedom Rewards Program’s Key Features
There are some important things you should know about the Chase cash back program to use it right and to the maximum. Here are the main rules:
- You must activate each 5% category. For this, enter a primary cardmember’s last name, last 4 digits on the card, and ZIP Code at the Chase website.
- 5% cash back is limited to $1,500 per quarter in combined purchases in the bonus category.
- All other purchases automatically earn 1% cash back. No activation is needed.
- Cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and active.
- There are no restrictions on how much you can redeem.
Chase Freedom 5% Cash Back Calendar 2020
Half of the year, as well as half of the bonus categories, is left behind by now. However, for your convenience, we have collected the full 2020 Chase 5% rewards categories calendar below:
- January 1 – March 31, 2020: Gas stations, select streaming services, phone, cable and internet services.
- April 1 – June 30, 2020: Grocery stores, select streaming services, gym memberships and fitness clubs.
- July 1 – September 30, 2020: Amazon and Whole Foods Market. Activate until September 14, 2020.
- October 1 – December 31, 2020: Will be announced later. Activate starting September 15, 2020.
Chase never announces its quarterly rewards categories all at once. So far, the fourth quarter categories have not been disclosed.
Latest Credit Card Rewards News
At the end of July, Citi and American Airlines introduced one of their best-in-class product revamps. Continuing their longstanding partnership, the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® went through a number of significant changes starting July 23. These changes include new statement credits, expanded opportunities to earn miles and loyalty points, and higher annual […]
According to recent surveys data, more than half of Americans begin preparing for Christmas festivities as early as in October. A fair percentage of customers are planning to shop at Walmart this holiday season, all because of Walmart’s low prices, large and diverse selection of items. Now, eligible U.S. Citi cardmembers can use Shop with […]
M1 Finance has made its popular Owner’s Rewards Card even more enticing with seven new brands to earn accelerated cash back on purchases. The M1 Owner’s Rewards Visa® Signature Card is one of the more tempting fintech and investment rewards credit cards on the market today. Launched in the summer of 2021, the card offers […]
Rotating category credit cards are cash back credit cards that offer their highest cash back percentage in shopping categories that rotate on a regular basis, often quarterly. The major credit card issuers have already opened registration for Q1 2022 rotating bonus categories on their popular cash back credit cards. The first quarter is active from […]
The good news for American Airlines’ frequent flyers and Citi ThankYou Points fans: Citibank has added American Airlines as a new transfer partner for its ThankYou Rewards program. Transferred ThankYou Points can be used to secure flights, flight upgrades, vacation packages, hotel stays, car rentals and more through the American Airlines AAdvantage program. Although this […]