Airlines credit cards offer a great opportunity to earn rewards for your flights. In order to choose the best you need to account all the factors. The crucial thing is to be aware of your credit score, as most travel cards require good and excellent credit.
1) First of all, determine what type of card you are looking for. A person that flies one airline exclusively, will benefit from a co-branded card, but a person that isn’t that loyal won’t get much from it. On the other hand, general travel cards can give you miles on all purchases that you may spend on flights. For example, the Discover it® Miles credit card gives you 1.5 miles on all purchases and matches all your earned miles at the end of the first year of usage as long as you are a new cardmember.
2) Consider the sign-up bonuses. Travel rewards credit cards often come with sign-up bonuses. You need to spend certain amount of money in a given period of time to qualify for such a bonus. However, this allows you to earn for your trip at short notice.
3) Don’t forget about fees. The best cards won’t make you any extra for your rewards, so consider the no annual fee credit cards and no foreign transactions fee credit cards.
Other Popular Travel Credit Cards FAQs
Can I redeem Eva Air miles with any airline?
Eva Air miles can be redeemed for Eva Air flights and its partners. If you want to earn miles that can be used towards any airline, choose from travel rewards credit cards that are not tied to particular airline. You can find cards that allow you to use miles for any flight and with no […]Continue »
Can I redeem British Airways Avios with other airlines?
Avios you earned can be redeemed on British Airways, American Airlines, Aer Lingus, Cathay Pacific, Iberia, OpenSkies, Qantas, Qatar Airways and all of the other oneworld carriers.Continue »
Your question has been successfully sent!
Credit Card FAQ Categories
- Bad Credit Cards
- Balance Transfer Cards
- Best Credit Cards
- Business Credit Cards
- Credit Card Banks
- Credit Card Fees
- Credit Card Rewards
- Fair Credit Cards
- Foreign Credit Card Offers
- Instant Credit Card Offers
- Low Rate Card Offers
- Mastercard Credit Cards
- No Credit Cards
- Prepaid & Debit Cards
- Secured Credit Cards
- Student Credit Cards
- Travel Credit Cards
- Visa Credit Cards