MAIN CARD FEATURE
- To apply for Credit Builder, you must have received a single qualifying direct deposit of $200 or more to your Checking Account. The qualifying direct deposit must be from your employer, payroll provider, gig economy payer, or benefits payer by Automated Clearing House (ACH) deposit OR Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Bank ACH transfers, Pay Anyone transfers, verification or trial deposits from financial institutions, peer to peer transfers from services such as PayPal, Cash App, or Venmo, mobile check deposits, cash loads or deposits, one-time direct deposits, such as tax refunds and other similar transactions, and any deposit to which Chime deems to not be a qualifying direct deposit are not qualifying direct deposits.
- Chime® Checking Account and $200 qualifying direct deposit required to apply. Eligibility requirements apply for Credit Builder metal card
- Free credit building, no matter your credit history
- No annual fees or interest3
- No credit check to apply
- No minimum security deposit required1
- Whether it’s gas or groceries, all purchases can count towards building credit via on-time payment
- Reports to all 3 major credit bureaus
- View and track your FICO score right in the Chime app. FICO is the credit score used by 90% of lenders2
- The secured Chime Credit Builder Visa® Card is issued by Stride Bank, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and may be used everywhere Visa credit cards are accepted.
- 1Money added to Credit Builder will be held in a secured account as collateral for your Credit Builder Visa card, which means you can spend up to this amount on your card. This is money you can use to pay off your charges at the end of every month.
- 2Credit score calculated based on FICO® Score 8 model. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than FICO® Score 8, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn More
- 3Out of network ATM withdrawal fees may apply. See here for details.
- Free credit building.
- No credit check to apply.
- No annual fees or interest.
- Direct deposit required to apply.