Discover Ranks Second In The Customer Satisfaction Survey
According to the 2017 Direct Retail Banking Satisfactions study, Discover is the second of the nine participating U.S. direct banks, scoring 869 points out of 1,000, being one in three banks topping the industry average for overall satisfaction.
The study researched the direct banks which now present a significant threat to traditional banks. These institutions score high marks for customer satisfaction, advocacy and loyalty. According to the survey, overall satisfaction scores are higher for direct banks than those for retail banks.
The survey measured five factors: channel activities; products and fees; communication; new account opening; and problem resolution. It collected feedback from 2,629 respondents who had a checking account with one of the participating banks and had completed a transaction in the past 3 months.
Discover competed against such banks as Capital One 360, E*TRADE Bank and Nationwide Bank.
Discover Bank features:
- Competitive interest rates on CDs, IRA CDs, savings and money market accounts
- Cashback Checking with no monthly fees or monthly balance requirements.
- Savings accounts with no monthly balance requirements and no monthly fees for maintenance
- A mobile app that lets customers easily access their account information on the go, make transactions and find nearby ATMs that don’t charge fees
- 24/7 customer service from 100% U.S.-based customer care representatives
- An online resource center with interactive calculators
Earlier Discover also gained appraisal when Discover Card’s mobile app ranked first in the customer satisfaction study among U.S. credit card companies, U.S. Credit Card App Satisfaction Study. In 2014, 2015 and 2016 Discover Card ranked highest for credit card customer satisfaction among U.S. credit card companies.